Seniors & Long Term Care Home
Covid-19 has taken a deadliest toll on long term care home, resulting in 82% of the Canada Covid Death. We should lobby Ottawa to take control by enshrining long-terms care within the Canada Health Act in order to enforce national Standards of care and accessibility.
Covid-19 has taken a deadliest toll on long term care home, resulting in 82% of the Canada COVID Fatality
Social isolation among seniors had already become a public health crisis before the COVID-19 Pandemic. We should lobby Ottawa to take control by ensuring long-term care within the Canada Health Act in order to enforce national Standards of care and accessibility.
With our growing senior’s population, mental health problems and illness among older adults are likely to affect every family. If not addressed, the increasing pressure on the health care system will have significant social and economic impacts.
We have an aging population and we need to act with urgency. To care for those who once cared for us is one the highest honors.
- To meet this challenge, community-based service and primary care providers have a vital role in helping people to stay well and to manage mental health problems and illnesses as they age.
- Senior and Long Term Care facilities privatization should be under Federal Jurisdiction in order to ensure adequate funding to meet national Standard of Care.
- Work with Provincial and Federal Govt. to develop a range of projects to help with policy makers, service providers and caregivers ensure that older canadians get the mental health support they need.
- Rally provincial and federal agencies; draw from research and reports calling for sustainable funding for long-term care facilities.
- Work with Mental Health Strategy for Canada to identify seniors mental health as an action priority and make recommendations for improvement.
- All workers in private and public seniors care homes would earn the same wage, allowing care-providers to remain at one facility, rather than shuttling between jobs at various sites resulting in elderly clients being subjected to ever changing staff.
- I believe seniors in their golden years should have the dignity of one room with privacy in Seniors’ and Long Term Care Homes